main purpose is to support the development of responsible and active communities in educational, social, economic, cultural and environmental terms by:
•Promoting and protecting human rights and freedoms;
•Promoting the principle of human solidarity, social equ ality of community members and development of interethnic dialogue;
•Defending the legitimate interests of disadvantaged social groups-support for integration in the social environment;
•Supporting the access and participation of disadvantaged groups to education and culture;
•Improving the quality of human resources and supporting access to lifelong learning through professional training. Relevant activities:
•Beneficiary and co ordinator of 12 Erasmus+ projects, co-beneficiary of 6 Erasmus+ projects, involving 368 youth in Europe;
•2018-professional training provider accreditation;
•2018-EVS accreditation – Start ESC project-approved. APDD principles:initiative, involvement and cooperation, volunteering, mutual respect and support, transparency, equity, competition, responsibility, principledness, equality and legality.
- Promoting volunteering as a valuable tool in stimulating and increasing skills and attitudes on labor market;
- Stimulating employability and inclusion through non-formal activities in an intercultural environment;
- Promoting entrepreneurship;
- Performing and increasing institutional capacity of management in European projects.
- Age: from 18 to 30 years old (at the entrance to the project);
- Citizen or resident of the sending country (Italy, Spain or Portugal);
- Skills: empathy, motivation;
- Interest, competencies and / or passion in entrepreneurship or social inclusion and in working with young people;
- Knowledge of English Language.
The ESC volunteering activities will take place in Romania, Drăgășani municipality and its neighboring areas
•The volunteers will be accommodated in rented apartments in Drăgăşani, Vâlcea County, equipped with bathroom and well-equipped kitchen, 2 participants per room.
Drăgășani is a city in Vâlcea County, Romania, situated near the right bank of the Olt river, between Caracal and Râmnicu Vâlcea. The city is well known for the vineyards on the neighboring hills that produce some of the best Romanian wines.
•The apartment will be shared with other volunteers, each being responsible for maintaining cleanliness, protecting furniture and household utensils, shopping and preparing food.
•In order to secure the meal, the participants will receive the equivalent in RON of the minimum amount of 150 euro / month and pocket money according to the rules of the program.
•During the service, in order to carry out activities at the level of the Drăgășani municipality and its surroundings, HO will provide and organize transport.
• HO and the sending organization will support the volunteers in order to obtain the European Health Insurance Card.
HOW TO APPLY:
We will study carefully all applications and selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the upcoming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with Skype username included.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Enjoy Sicily”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest in the project and the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “Start: CORPO EUROPEO DI SOLIDARIETA’ (Start ESC)’’”. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to firstname.lastname@example.org