Description of the project
The school is located in the west coast of Jutland and focuses on preparing its students for the Danish general upper secondary school called gymnasium (stx).
The efterskole is a unique Danish independent residential school for students between 14 and 18 years.
This type of school deals with both the educational and personal development of the students.
It embraces a common educational focus on enlightenment for life, general education and democratic citizenship.
The efterskole has substantial freedom in terms of eg. choice of subjects, teaching methods and educational approach. These vary in accordance with the school’s political, religious or pedagogical orientation. Each efterskole chooses its own profile and core values on which it will focus its teaching and all other activities during a schoolyear.
- at least 20 years old
- kind, yet responsible in the relations with the students
- ambitious and likes to share skills and knowledge
- friendly, out going, engaged, flexible and responsible
- fluent in German and at least basic knowledge of English
Volunteering at the project
- will assist in German classes; conversation in German, bringing in German youth culture, participation in planning if wanted
- specific tasks depend on experience, skills and interests
- personal timetables allow the volunteer to use their skills within language, sports, art, e-sport, etc
- the volunteer will be working closely with the teacher teaching the relevant subjects
- the volunteer will sometimes be present at the school at night and in weekends, as the efterskole is a boarding school
- the volunteer will preferably be living in a host family, but it is also a possibility to live at the school
interviews will be conducted via Skype
Next volunteer period: 1 September 2019 – 1 July 2020
Deadline for application: 20th March 2019
Number of volunteers: 1
Valid Age: 20+
HOW TO APPLY:
We will study carefully all applications and selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the upcoming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with Skype username included.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Enjoy Sicily”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest in the project and the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “Sviluppo educativo degli studenti in un ginnasio a Varde” . YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to email@example.com