Description of the project
The Kindergarten and nursery is beautifully located in the middle of a forest, only 5 min walk from the seaside. We have four groups of children aged 0-3, 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6 under the same roof with different outside activities and right now we have 50 children and 8 staff.
A town of Rønde is only three minutes away by car or bus. All necessary items can be bought in Rønde, which is located half an hour away from Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city.
The kindergarten activities follow the seasons very closely. Recently harvest took place and we had a celebration inviting the families. In the winter, we make bonfires to make food, such as soup, but also to keep warm. Sometimes when the weather gets rough we find shelter in the stables or do gymnastics/sports in the gym. However, every year we hope for a snowy winter because we love playing and sledging in the snow.
We also do a lot of singing and playing, storytelling, drawing, painting and many other activities and the volunteer is expected to take active part in the activities.
- basic level of English
- smoking is not allowed
- good social skills and interest and motivation in working with children
- no previous experience at working at kindergartens is required
Volunteering at the project
- the kindergarden is specialized in daily outdoors living
- we believe it is mentally and physically healthy for children to be outdoors for most of the day
- a member of the staff will be a tutor and supervisor for the volunteer
- the volunteer will be attached one of the groups and help the staff in the daily work
- the volunteer is also expected to do activities with the children
interviews will take place in English via Skype.
Next volunteer period: 1st September 2019 – 30th June 2020
Deadline for application: 20th March 2019
Number of volunteers: 3
HOW TO APPLY:
We will study carefully all applications and selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the upcoming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with Skype username included.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Enjoy Sicily”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest in the project and the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “VOLONTARIATO CON BAMBINI DA 0 A 6 ANNI” . YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to firstname.lastname@example.org